Wake Forest University
and integrated microfab facility
1. 1200 sq. ft. floorspace with turbulent air return plenum, sealed ceiling suspension, gowning room entrance,
2. 1500 lux yellow lighting using Lithoprotect(TM) light filters,
3. Class 1000 / ISO 6 with two monitoring stations
4. Acid/Base hoods and multiple snorkel-points throughout.
5. The space is divided into organic-device and Si-lithographic areas.
1. Completion of training program
2. Clearance by facilities management
3. Full gowning and cleanroom hygiene
4. 5 person max.
Manuals for our tools are constantly being added or updated on this website. Updated processes are frequently introduced. Please check regularly
Organic Device Fabrication Cluster
Basic OLED, FIPEL, OPV, OFT capabilities in both small molecules and polymers with a wide range of contacts and stack structures. UV sealants
Dual compartment gloveboxes with thermal evaporator, testing stations, spinners, hot plates, scales, etc.
ITO/glass handling, cutting and processing tools.
Acid/Base fume hood system with organic solution processing capabilities.
Lithography Fabrication Cluster
The micro/nano fab capabilities are based on monolithic UV
lithography (~365 nm). Simple mask creation is possible however 3X3 chrome on quartz masks from third party suppliers are recommended.
DIMATIX print system
Developing stations (positive and negative relief)
Plasma Etcher (Anatech)
UV flood light box
Karl Suss MJB3 mask aligner
AC/DC magnetron sputtering system,
VSW e-beam evaporator
Edwards thermal evaporator
VSW thermal evaporator
VSW Sputter cleaning/Ashing/RIE system
West Bond 7400A - 32 Wirebonder
8 and 16 pin packaging with UV cure epoxy
Film Metrology Tools
Alpha Stepper /profilometer